The IKMB is part of the Cluster of Excellence Inflammation at Interfaces and the inter-faculty Centre for Applied Life Sciences – Kiel Life Science (KLS) – a local collaborative network of Kiel University. One of the institute’s research focusses is the etiology of chronic inflammatory diseases that affect human barrier organs.
DNA Sequencing Instruments Used
- Applied Biosystems 3730xl DNA Analyzer
- Illumina HiSeq 2500, 3000, 4000 and NextSeq 500
- Illumina MiSeq
DNA Sequencing Prices
Sequencing is performed without additional charge of personnel costs in the form of a scientific collaboration.
DNA Template Requirements
- 25 µl in sufficient concentration in 96-well PCR-plate or strips of 8 samples
- 100 ng/µl, 3 µl per sample in a 96-well PCR-plate or in strips of 8 samples
- PCR: 3,2 µM in 1.5ml tubes
- Plasmid: 4,8 µM (1µl should be added directly to the plasmid)
Sequencing turn-around time
For external partners, sequencing is performed once a week.
GLP DNA sequencing
Other DNA sequencing related services offered
- Genotyping of microsatellites
- RFLPs (restriction fragment length polymorphism)
- MLPA (multiplex ligation-dependent probe amplification)
Institute of Clinical Molecular Biology (IKMB)
24105 Kiel, Germany
+49 431 500 – 15 101
+49 431 500 – 15 104
The IKMB sequencing facility covers the whole spectrum from small-scale sequencing projects up to human whole genome sequencing. The IKMB performs sequencing for external partners as part of a scientific collaboration aiming at a joint publication.
Return to the main DNA sequencing service review page.