The JenaGen GmbH is an innovative molecular diagnostics company. It was founded in 1998 by Prof. Manfred Green and since then serving as a testing laboratory with wide range of services.
DNA Sequencing Instruments Used
- Applied Biosystems (Model not mentioned)
DNA Sequencing Prices
- With standard primers | € 9.80 / reaction
- With custom primers | € 10.30 / reaction
- Direct sequencing of bacterial cultures | € 92 / sample
- Primer walking | € 0.10 / base
DNA Template Requirements
- <10 kb | 2 µg | 200 ng / µl
- >10 kb) | 4 µg | 400 ng / µl
- <500 bp | 0.5 µg | 50 ng / µl
- 500-1500 bp | 1 µg | 100 ng / µl
- >1500 bp) | 2 µg | 200 ng /µl
- 10 pmol / µl | 10 µl
The standard primers are provided free of charge.
Sequencing turn-around time
GLP DNA sequencing
Other DNA sequencing related services offered
- Primer walking & Genome walking
- Molecular Diagnostics Testing
Diagnostic Genetic Engineering Biotechnology
D 07749 Jena
Phone: +49 (0) 3641 – 62 85 260 | +49 (0) 3641 – 62 85 250
Fax: +49 (0) 3641 – 62 85 251
JenaGen is accredited by DIN EN ISO / IEC 17025:2000 and in 2009 accredited by the DGA German Association. It is specialized in molecular diagnosis and testing. The facility also provide service for manual editing of the sequence data and composition of sequences (sequence assembly). However, sanger sequencing is only being used for internal testings.
Return to the main DNA sequencing service review page.