The Purdue University Genomics Core Facility applies their technologies to the development of sustainable agriculture. The Purdue Genomics Core Facility provides both Sanger DNA and next-generation sequencing.
DNA Sequencing Instruments Used
- Applied Biosystems 3730xl
- Illumina HiSeq2500
- Illumina MiSeq
DNA Sequencing Prices
Next Generation Sequencing
- $100/ DNA sample, plus $2500
- $200/ RNA sample, plus $2500
- For external 50% extra (1.5 X)
DNA Template Requirements
- Length of vector (bp) + Length of insert (bp) X 0.1 = concentration (ng/reaction)
- Length of fragment (base pairs) X 0.1 = concentration (ng/reaction)
Cosmids and BACs
- 1.0 to 3.0 µg
5.0 – 10.0 µM
The facility currently provides high throughput sequencing and low throughput sequencing.
Sequencing turn-around time
GLP DNA sequencing
Other DNA sequencing related services offered
- Next Generation Sequencing
- Micro Array Analysis
West Lafayette, IN 47907
Phone: Not listed
High throughput sequencing (96 or 384 well) is available only for the researchers at Purdue’s West Lafayette Campus. The core provides sequencing results in different formats so that you can use what you need.
Return to the main DNA sequencing services review page.