To upgrade to Auto PeakTrace 6 you will need to update your system and obtain a PeakTrace License Update File and a PeakTrace Serial Number. Here are steps required to do this upgrade. The links below will take you to the specific page(s) that explain how to do each step.
- Update your CodeMeter Runtime to the latest version (6.80 as of January 2019).
- Ensure the PeakTrace USB Key Firmware is the latest version (2.04 as of January 2019).
- Download the Auto PeakTrace 6 Installer from the Nucleics PeakTrace:Box Downloads page and install Auto PeakTrace 6. You will need a password to access the downloads page which will be supplied to you by Nucleics or your local supplier. You will also at this time be supplied with the PeakTrace Serial Number required for the online activation process.
- Online activate Auto PeakTrace 6. You will need the PeakTrace Serial Number before you can online activate. This is not the same as the PeakTrace License Code.
- Copy the PeakTrace license code from the options window and email both the license code (if requested) and the PeakTrace License Request file to Nucleics or (your local supplier).
- Install the updated license file you have received from Nucleics (or your local supplier).
- You should now be able to start and run Auto PeakTrace 6. It is a good idea to read through the help manual as there have been many changes made and new featured added.
These instructions apply if you are upgrading from Auto PeakTrace 5.70 or higher. If you are upgrading from a version prior to 5.70 then you will need to upgrade to the latest PeakTrace 5 version (5.92) first. Please follow the instructions on how to upgrade to Auto PeakTrace 5.90.
- If you get the error message “Auto PeakTrace 6 Key Invalid” then try updating the USB Key Time and the system time on the computer. These two times must be in agreement.
- Try restarting the computer and check again.
- Make sure that your operating system is one of those that are supported (Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 or Redhat/CentOS 6.9 or higher).
- Make sure that you are not trying to run Auto PeakTrace 6 on a virtual machine. Doing so will lock your USB key and wipeout your license.
- If Auto PeakTrace 6 won’t start at all, you may be missing one of the required Windows runtime libraries. You can download the missing Windows libraries from the Microsoft website.
- If both these efforts fail, please email a cmDust file to Nucleics (or your local supplier) along with a newly generated PeakTrace Licence Request file. This will allow us to diagnose the problem with your license or system.