Scientific Product Specialist – Graduate Opportunity
Nucleics is the leading developer of SAAS applications in the Genomics and DNA sequencing fields. With customers in over 25 countries, we are looking to expand our customer base further. This exciting position will help drive the continued rapid growth of Nucleics, both locally and internationally. You will be fully trained and supported by the product support team in this role so attitude and drive, not experience, is what is important.
- Identify and demonstrate scientific software.
- Support and update existing customers.
- 50% international / 50% Australia.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date customer data on all leads and activities.
- Undertake extensive international travel (North America and Europe).
- An Honours or PhD level degree in the molecular sciences (e.g. biochemistry, genetics, microbiology, biotechnology, immunology, etc).
- Ability to rapidly learn and effectively demonstrate scientific software to technical audiences.
- Self–motivated with a strong drive to succeed.
- Excellent communication and networking skills.
- Highly organised with the ability to work independently keeping all stakeholders informed.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally.
- Sales experience desirable, but not essential.
- Ability to communicate in French, Spanish or Italian would be looked on favourably.
For recent science graduates with only limited work experience you may wish to write a personalised cover letter explaining why you think you are suited to the role – use your imagination to wow us.
Update. Applications for this position have closed. We should have contacted everyone who has applied and let them know the outcome, but it is possible your application may have slipped through the cracks (we had huge number of applicants). If you have not heard from us please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Software Developer (C/C++) – Remote OK
Nucleics develops software for improving DNA sequencing and Genomics. This remote ok position will be working with the CEO/CTO to continue improvements of the core technology. The tech stack is C/C++ on Linux, MacOS, Windows using all the usual development tools and processes.
A significant component of the job is algorithm development and research – this is not a job where you are building some basic CRUD backend server. If you want a job where you will use your brain and be challenged daily to solve complex problems, then this is the position for you. An interest in machine learning will be highly regarded.
Salary will be commensurate on experience and background – we are much more interested in finding the right person than the cheapest engineer.
Please submit your CV to [hide_email email@example.com]. All applicants will be contacted. We believe that if you make the effort to apply that the least we can do is let you know the outcome.
Update. This role has been filled