The Children’s Hospital Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Research Center (IDDRC) carry out research that falls into two major areas: Genetics and Neuroscience. The services offered fall into four basic biology disciplines: Cell Analysis and Sorting, DNA and RNA sequencing, Genotyping, and Gene & Micro RNA Expression.
The DNA Sequencing Core facility provides sequencing service in Longwood Medical area.
DNA Sequencing Instruments Used
- Applied Biosystems 3730xl
DNA Sequencing Prices
- Individual Sequencing Reactions | $3.75/sample
- Full Plate Sequencing | $340/plate
- Individual Sequencing Reactions | $4/sample
- Full Plate Sequencing | $365/plate
- Individual Sequencing Reactions | $5.5/sample
- Full Plate Sequencing |$500/plate
DNA Template Requirements
Plasmids (less than 12kb)
- 1.5-4.0 µg
- <500 bp | 10-20ng
- 500-1000 bp | 20-50ng
- >1000bp | 50-150ng
A full high-throughput PCR sequencing project can be conducted in the Core.
Sequencing turn-around time
GLP DNA sequencing
Other DNA sequencing related services offered
- Next Generation Sequencing
- Library Preparation
- Chip Sequencing
IDDRC Molecular Genetics Core
Center for Life Sciences Building
3 Blackfan Circle
Boston MA 02115
Phone: +1 617-919-3381
The facility produce quality read lengths up to 1000 bases. The Core currently offers a consolidation and coordination service for Next generation Sequencing and outsource the samples.