The Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center (DF/HCC) DNA sequencing core facility offers large and small-scale DNA sequencing to members of the DF/HCC community as well as to external users. The DNA Resource Core was started in the spring of 1999 to meet a growing need for DNA sequencing services at a cost that is affordable for academic labs. Our services now include DNA sequencing for large- and small-scale projects and a plasmid repository & distribution service.
Sequencing instruments used
- Applied Biosystems 3730xl
- DF-HCC Members and Harvard Users | $3.85/reaction
- Other Academics and Nonprofits | $$4.25/reaction
- Commercial Users | $5.10/reaction
Volume Discounts (48 or more)
- DF-HCC Members and Harvard Users $2.90/reaction
- Other Academics and Nonprofits $3.30/reaction
- Commercial Users $3.95/reaction
Free testing of large project templates and extra discount pricing for orders over 500 samples. Free DNA mini-preps for orders over 500 samples. Offer free reruns for failed sequencing reactions to test for potential sequencing problems originating at the facility
- 100 ng/µl | 12 µl/well
- 5 ng/µl per 100 bp | 12 µl/well
- For plasmid-1.6 pmol/µl | 12 µl/well
- For PCR product-0.4 pmol/µl | 12 µl/well
- Common universal primers are provided free.
Sample turnaround time
GLP DNA sequencing
Other DNA sequencing related services offered
- Plasmid minipreps for glycerol stocks
- PlasmID Repository
DF/HCC DNA Resource Core
Address: 240 Longwood Ave, LHRRB 212, Boston, MA 02115 USA
Phone: +1 617 432 7708
Excellent single reaction prices especially for internal customers. Also offer a free re-run of failed sequencing reactions (i.e. same templates and primers) to test for problems originating at the sequencing facility.
Return to the main DNA sequencing services review page.