Here are steps required to upgrade Auto PeakTrace. The links below will take you to the specific page(s) that explain how to do each step.
- Update your CodeMeter Runtime to the latest version (7.30 as of October 2021).
- Download the Auto PeakTrace 6 Installer from the Nucleics PeakTrace:Box Downloads page and install Auto PeakTrace 6. You will need a password to access the downloads page which will be supplied to you by Nucleics or your local supplier.
- You may need to reactivate your PeakTrace license online. If you need to do this you will be prompted to enter your PeakTrace Serial Number. The PeakTrace Serial Number is a 20 character long value broken into 5 blocks of 4 characters (i.e. XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX). It is not the same as the PeakTrace License Code which is accessed from the Options window. This will have been supplied by Nucleics (or your local supplier) in the past.
- You should now be able to start and run Auto PeakTrace 6. It is a good idea to read through the help manual as there will likely have been many changes made and new featured added.
- If you get the error message “Auto PeakTrace 6 Key Invalid” then try updating the USB Key Time and the system time on the computer. These two times must be in agreement.
- Try restarting the computer and check again.
- Make sure that your operating system is one of those that are supported (Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 or Redhat/CentOS 6.9 or higher).
- Make sure that you are not trying to run Auto PeakTrace 6 on a virtual machine. Doing so will lock your USB key and delete your license.
- If Auto PeakTrace 6 won’t start at all, you may be missing one of the required Windows runtime libraries. You can download the missing Windows libraries from the Microsoft website.
- If all these efforts fail, please email a cmDust file to Nucleics (or your local supplier) along with a newly generated PeakTrace Licence Request file. This will allow us to diagnose the problem with your license or system.