The Biotech Core, also known as the Fred Greenwood Molecular Biology Core Facility is a multi-functional primary research infrastructure and shared resource. It is one of the four specialized facilities developed by the Pacific Biosciences Research Center to support research and training for the University of Hawaii and other state, federal, and private institutions.
DNA Sequencing Instruments Used
- ABI 3130XL Genetic Analyzer
DNA Sequencing Prices
- UH-System | $2.50/ sample
- In-State Community | $3.00/ sample
DNA Template Requirements
- < 500 bp | 5-15 ng/µl| 30-90 ng
- > 500 bp |15-45 ng/µl | 90-270 ng
- < 4 KB| 100 ng/µl |600 ng
- > 4 KB | 150 ng/µl | 900 ng
- 150-200 ng/µl | 900-1200 ng
- PCR | 1.6 pmole/µl |3.2 pmole
- Plasmid | 2.1 pmole/µl | 4.2 pmole
- BAC, Phage| 4.2 pmole/µl | 8.4 pmole
DNA + (one) primer in nuclease-free water (8 µL total) in the same tube.
Do not use Tris/EDTA buffer to dissolve DNA or primer.
Sequencing Turn-around Time
GLP DNA sequencing
Other DNA sequencing related services offered
- Mutation detection
- Oligo synthesis
- Micro Array Analysis
Pacific Biosciences Research Center
University of Hawaii at Manoa
3050 Maile Way, Gilmore Hall 411
Honolulu, HI 96822
Phone: +1 808 956 6718
Fax: +1 808 956 9653
Their sequencing rates are very low. Most of their services are unique and are not available elsewhere in Hawaii. However, requests from outside Hawaii are not accepted at present.