CHUL Research Center is part of CHU de QuÈbec Research Center and is an affiliate of University of Laval. The Sequencing and Genotyping unit was established in 2000 at CHUL Research Center.
DNA Sequencing Instruments Used
- Applied Biosystems 3730xl
DNA Sequencing Prices
- Sequencing | $3.75/ reaction
- Sequence + primer synthesis | $8.75 / reaction
- Sequence + primer synthesis + primer design | $15.75 / reaction
DNA Template Requirements
- 50 ng/µl | 15 µl/reaction
- 8-12 ng/µl | 15 µl/reaction
1.6 µM (~15-20 ng/µl) | 5 µl/reaction
Avoid using EDTA when re-suspending your DNA.
Sequencing turn-around time
GLP DNA sequencing
Other DNA sequencing related services offered
- Quantitative PCR
Sylvie Desjardins (Manager)
Sequencing and Genotyping facility
CHUL Research Center
2705, boul. Laurier
Quebec, G1V 4G2
Phone: +1 418 654 2299
Fax: +1 418 654 2761
The facility serves hundreds of university and corporate researchers. The facility is able to analyze up to 192 samples within 48 hrs. It claims to be capable of genotyping 1,000 samples and sequence more than 300,000 samples in a year.