Cornell University Biotechnology Resource Center – The BRC provides an array of genomics, proteomics, imaging, IT and informatics shared research resources and services to the full University community and to investigators at other academic institutions and commercial enterprises.
Sequencing instruments used
- Illumina MiSeq
- Illumina HiSeq 2000/2500
- ABI 3730xl
Full Service Sequencing (plasmid or PCR product) – Template premixed with sequencing primer
- Internal | $4.25/sample
- External | $6.80/sample
- External from new York | $5.44/sample
TruSeq DNA sample library prep
- Internal | $350/sample
- External | $560/sample
- External from new York | $448/sample)
- Genomic DNA sample preps | 1 microgram of high-quality DNA is required for TruSeq preps.
- Nextera DNA preps | 100 ng of high-quality DNA is required.
- RNA preps | 1 microgram of total RNA is required.
- Sample preparations (DNA/RNA isolation and/or PCR amplification) for Full Service DNA sequencing, Fragment Analysis plates, Ready-To-Load DNA sequencing plates, and RT-PCR analysis are not available in the Genomics Lab, and are the responsibility of the user.
Information Not available
All orders must be placed online. The DNA Sequencing Facility does not accept paper or faxed sequencing orders. Once you have placed your order, you will receive an order number. You must write this order number, along with your name, telephone number, and lab location on the envelope containing your samples.
Sample turnaround time
GLP DNA sequencing
Other DNA sequencing services offered
- Whole genome sequencing
- Targeted region sequencing
- Genotyping-by-sequencing (GBS)
- Whole transcriptome
- Targeted gene expression and small RNA profiling (RNA-Seq)
- Sequencing of DNA fragments isolated by chromosome immunoprecipitation (ChIP-Seq)
- Detection of DNA methylation (Meth-Seq)
- Sanger cycle sequencing of submitted samples (DNA templates),
Biotechnology Resource Center (BRC)
Address: 130 Biotechnology Building, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853 USA
Phone: +1 607 255 3374
Consultation on project design and data analysis is available upon request. Software analysis tools are available through the core. Coordinated project design consultation and data analysis support are available with the BRC and advanced technology assessment cores.
Return to the main DNA sequencing services review page.