The DNA Facility of the Iowa State University is located on the ground floor of the Molecular Biology Building on the central campus. The DNA facility provides research support services for investigators within academia, industry, and government.
DNA Sequencing Instruments Used
- Applied Biosystems 3730xl
- Illumina HiSeq2500 & MiSeq
DNA Sequencing Prices
- DNA sequencing reaction and capillary run | $6.00/ samples
- BAC/lambda sequencing reaction and capillary run | $7.50 / samples
- Sequencing capillary run only | $2.00/ samples
- DNA sequencing reaction and capillary run | $9.50/ samples
- BAC/lambda sequencing reaction and capillary run | $12.00 / samples
- Sequencing capillary run only | $3.50/ samples
DNA Template Requirements
- 0.25 µg/µl | 0.25 µg
- 2.5 ng/100 bases/µl | 2.5 ng/100 bases
- 0.5 µg/µl | 1.25 µg
- 1.0 µg/µl | 2.5 µg
- 0.1 µg/µl | 0.1 µg
- 5 pmol/µl | 5 µM
Commonly used sequencing primers are provided free of charge. They need at least 1 µl of primer per reaction, but please send a minimum of 5 µl.
Sequencing turn-around time
GLP DNA sequencing
Other DNA sequencing related services offered
- Next Generation Sequencing
- Oligonucleotide Synthesis
- Fluorescent Genotyping
- Primer Walking
1184 Molecular Biology Building,
Pammel Drive, Ames,
Phone: +1 515 294 9585
Fax: +1 515 294 7629
Wide ranges of sequencing services are available. High Throughput (HTP) sequencing for 96-well plate is available. Also, “capillary run only” service is provided at low cost.
Return to the main DNA sequencing services review page.