Molecular Research Core Facility (MRCF) was establishment in 1994 at Idaho State University (ISU). Routine activities in the MRCF include automated DNA sequencing and microsatellite analysis (Genotyping), PCR, electrophoresis, and gel documentation and analysis.
DNA Sequencing Instruments Used
- Applied Biosystems 3130xl
- Illumina MiSeq
DNA Sequencing Prices
- Internal | $4 / sample
- External | $5 / sample
- Qualify and dilute sample | extra $1/sample
DNA Template Requirements
- 100-250ng | total 5uL volume
PCR products (each reaction)
- 100-500bp | 1-5ng | total 5uL volume
- 500-1000bp | 5-15ng | total 5uL volume
- 1000-1500bp | 15-25ng | total 5uL volume
- >2000 bp | 25-40ng | total 5uL volume
- The facility provides some universal primers for DNA sequencing.
Sequencing turn-around time
GLP DNA sequencing
Other DNA sequencing related services offered
- Next Generation Sequencing
Idaho State University Molecular Research Core Facility
Gale Life Sciences Building
650 Memorial Drive Mail Stop 8007
Pocatello, ID 83209-8007
Phone: +1 (208) 282-4890
Fax: +1 (208) 282-4570
The ISU facility provide assistance for experimental design, sample prep techniques and other research aspects. The MRCF also serves investigators at other institutions throughout the state and the nation.
Return to the main DNA sequencing services review page.