The Genomics Core at the Center for Genetic Medicine (Northwestern University) is a shared resource facility for affiliated institutions investigators as well as external organizations. The facility provides a wide range of sequencing, genotyping and gene expression profiling.
Perform NGS sequencing in-house. They outsource their Sanger samples to ACGT.
DNA Sequencing Instruments Used
- Illumina HiSeq 2500/4000
- Illumina NextSeq 500
- Ion Proton
DNA Sequencing Prices
Northwestern University investigators
- Traditional Sequencing | $4.20
- Premix Reaction Sequencing | $3.70
- Complex Reactions Sequencing | $6.25
- Traditional Sequencing | $5.15
- Premix Reaction Sequencing | $4.50
- Complex Reactions Sequencing | $7.00
- Traditional Sequencing | $5.60
- Premix Reaction Sequencing | $5.50
- Complex Reactions Sequencing | $8.00
DNA Template Requirements
- 100-200 bp | 1-3 ng/µL
- 200-500 bp | 3-10 ng/µL
- 500-1000 bp | 5-20 ng/µL
- 1000-2000 bp | 10-40 ng/µL
- >2000 bp | 20-50 ng/µL
- < 15 kbp | 200 ng/µL
- >15 kbp | 0.5-1.0 ng/µl
- 1 µM (1 pmol/µl)
Standard primers are available for free of cost.
Sequencing turn-around time
24- 48 hours
GLP DNA sequencing
Other DNA sequencing related services offered
- Next Generation Sequencing
- Methylation Profiling
- Gene Expression Profiling
- Whole Genome Amplification
- Micro Array Analysis
Center for Genetic Medicine
303 E. Superior Street
Chicago, IL 60611
Phone: +1 312 503 3680
Wide ranges of services are available with state-of-the-art instruments. All of the sequencing related information is available on website. The genomic core can also assist you with designing your experiments, analyzing data and preparing method sections for grant proposals.
Take in samples for Sanger Sequencing, and outsource it to ACGT.
Return to the main DNA sequencing services review page.