The University of Bristol Genomics facility, established in 2003, is a core service laboratory located in the Life Sciences Building of the University of Bristol. The facility runs genomics and transcriptomics services to both internal and external researchers.
DNA Sequencing Instruments Used
- Applied Biosystems 3500
- Illumina NextSeq500
- Illumina MiSeq
DNA Sequencing Prices
Not provided. Please contact for pricing.
DNA Template Requirements
Completed cycle sequencing plates (dried down following ethanol precipitation) should be provided for capillary electrophoresis sequencing as a ‘run only’ service on the ABI 3500.
Sequencing turn-around time
GLP DNA sequencing
Other DNA sequencing related services offered
- Next Generation Sequencing library preparation (RNA and DNA)
- High throughput genotyping and gene expression microarray services
- Low throughput genotyping and gene expression microarray services
- Nucleic acid analysis: DNA and RNA quality control, quantification, fragmentation and normalisation
- Real-time quantitative PCR
Bristol Genomics Facility
Bristol Life Sciences Building, Lab 333
24 Tyndall Avenue
Bristol, BS8 1UG
Phone: +44 (0)117 33 16770 (email preferred)
The facility offers a ‘ready-to-run’ service for completed DNA sequencing reactions. The facility also offers wide range of services for next generation sequencing.
Return to the main DNA sequencing service reviews page