The Genomics Facility is one of seven highly specialized laboratories in the University of Guelph’s Advanced Analysis Centre. The Genomics Facility is designated as an Ontario Genomics Platform Affiliate, OGPA, service facility that offer services for DNA sequencing, genotyping, microarray and gene expression analyses.
DNA Sequencing Instruments Used
- Applied Biosystems 3730
DNA Sequencing Prices
- Single reaction | $8 or $9 for external
- Dye Incorporated (DI) | $5
- 48 well plate (DI) | $75
- 96 well plate (DI) | $150
DNA Template Requirements
- 1-5 kb | 50 ng/µl | 25-125 ng
- 5-10 kb | 100 ng/µl| 125-250 ng
- 10-40 kb | 500 ng/µl | 1000 ng
- >40 kb | 1000 ng/µl | 2000 ng
- 100-500 bp | 1-10 ng/µl | 10-40 ng
- 500-1000 bp | 20-50 ng/µl | 40-90 ng
- 1000-5000 bp | 50-100 ng/µl | 90-500 ng
- 5 pmol/µl
The facility provides sequencing primers for routine vectors. BigDye is available for $100 per 100µl.
Sequencing turn-around time
24 – 48 hours
GLP DNA sequencing
Other DNA sequencing related services offered
- Fragment Analysis
- Quantitative PCR
- Micro Array Analysis
Genomics Facility, Advanced Analysis Centre
Room 1401, Science Complex
University of Guelph
488 Gordon St.
Guelph, ON N1G 2W1
Phone: +1 519 824 4120
Their prices are low and same for the University of Guelph as well as other private sector institutions. The Genomic facility is proceeding with a grant application for Next Generation sequencing (NGS) equipment. The full plate prices are very good.
Return to the main DNA sequencing service reviews page