The purpose of the UMass Medical School Center for AIDS Research (CFAR) Molecular Biology Core (MBC) is to serve the research needs of multiple, independent investigators conducting HIV/AIDS research at the University of Massachusetts Medical School (UMMS). Based on the NIH CFAR Program goals and objectives, Core E provides essential molecular biology reagents, services, facilities, training, and technical expertise in support of basic and clinical HIV/AIDS research programs.
DNA Sequencing Instruments Used
- Not listed
DNA Sequencing Prices
- Single sample pre mixed reaction | $5.00 per sample
- 96 well plate pre mixed reaction | $2.86 per sample $257 per plate
- Custom DNA sequencing | $9.00 per sample
DNA Template Requirements
Amplicons or Restriction Fragments
- 100-999 bases please provide at 25ng/ul
- 1 Kb and over please provide at 50ng/ul
- Plasmids up to 10 Kb please provide 50ng/ul
- Contact the Molecular Biology Core for information
- For custom primers please provide an aliquot at 5uM
Sequencing Turn Around Times
- Next business day data is available
Other DNA sequencing related services offered
The core also offers services on fragment analysis, DEEP next generation sequencing and molecular biology technical training.
University of Massachusetts Molecular Biology Core Lab
UMass Medical School Biotech II building
373 Plantation Street, Worcester 01605
The Core provides competitive discounts if you use their Economy service by premixing Sanger sequencing reactions yourself.
Return to the main DNA sequencing service reviews page