We have released Auto PeakTrace RP 6.60 for Windows (XP to Win 10) and MacOS X (10.6+). This major upgrade improves trace processing, appearance and basecalling quality.
This release is an essential upgrade for all uses of Auto PeakTrace RP as it introduces a breaking change for the set abi limits option. Users that don’t upgrade will no longer to be able to hard trim traces.
In addition to changing the default value for the set abi limits option, PeakTrace 6.60 introduces a new basecaller setting – reltrace. The reltrace option outputs the raw data baseline, slightly smooth and mobility shifted with either the original KB basecall or the PeakTrace basecalled trace. The setting is useful if you wish to obtain data as close to the raw data as possible avoiding all the data manipulation that both KB and PeakTrace normally perform. This setting is useful if you wish to use the peak height data to perform downstream data analysis since the relatively peak heights in the output will match those observed in the raw data.
The full list of changes include.
- New Feature. RelTrace. This outputs a usable raw data chromatogram that can be used with downstream applications to detect polymorphisms.
- New Feature. Use of set abi limit without trimming outputs trace file without removing non-basecalled region.
- New Feature. .seq files are output with trace trimming when set abi limits on.
- New Default. The set abi limits is now on.
- New Error Code: 23. KB fallback failed.
- Improved trace processing that avoids suppression of large secondary peaks.
- Improved basecalling.
- Improved trace normalization.
- Improved mixed basecalling.
- Improved fuse basecall.
- Improved processing of true profile traces.
- Improved detection and processing of PCR product and weak signal traces.
- ABI/KB basecalled traces no longer have adjustments to the quality scores.
Auto PeakTrace RP 6.60 for Windows and MacOS X can be downloaded from the PeakTrace RP downloads page. This release will soon be available via automatic update and is a CRITICAL upgrade for all users of Auto PeakTrace RP.