The Genomic Core Laboratory is located on the Augusta University campus in the Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics Building in CA1040 and CA1041. It is a multi-functional molecular biology resource facility directed through the Center of Biotechnology and Genomic Medicine. Services are available to all campus investigators, students and incubator tenants, as-well-as off-campus users.
The major service activities of the campus Genomics Core Laboratory are to provide technical services, assistance and training through the use of shared equipment housed in the facility as well as provide convenient access to frequently used reagents and consumables.
DNA Sequencing Instruments Used
DNA Sequencing Prices
- $12 / reaction. This price includes all reagents, reaction purifications, array run and data.
- Pre-reacted and purified samples | $5.00/ sample
- Purification | $50.00/ sample
- Fast sequencing | reaction cost + $200.00
- Repeats reactions are subject to full charge.
DNA Template Requirements
- Plasmid. at least 300 ng in 10 µl or less
- Purified PCR products. at least 40 ng in 10 µl or less
- BAC. at least 1 µg in 15 µl or less
- 10 pmol/µl of each primer
- Common universal primers are provided free. Primer orders are available.
Sequencing Service List
- Standard DNA sequencing
Sequencing turn-around time
- 24~72 hours from arrival time of samples
- Any samples received after 3pm will not be processed until the following day.
Other DNA sequencing related services offered
- DNA synthesis
- Illumina Bead Array
1120 15th Street, PV6B108
Augusta, GA 30912-2400
Dr. Jin-Xiong She – Director | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org – Tel: 706-721-3410
John Nechtman – Manager | Email: email@example.com – Tel: 706-721-0601
All services must be requested through iLab. Users must have access to an iLab account and have all information current in order to request Core services.
The read length is guaranteed over 850bp with accuracies approaching 100%. However, extra cost of $200.00 for fast result is high. There are many DNA sequencing facilities which have 24 hour turn-around time that are far cheaper on offer over 1000bp reads.
Return to the main DNA sequencing service reviews page