The process for generating a PeakTrace License Request File is straightforward. It can be done as many times as required without affecting your license, however each time a license request file is generated it invalidates all past request files. If you are asked to provide a PeakTrace license request file please make sure you generate a new file and send this. Please do not send an old request file since once a new license file is created the old file becomes inactive.
1. Open the CodeMeter Control Center from Run > All Programs > CodeMeter. Please make sure that the PeakTrace USB Key supplied by Nucleics is plugged into your computer.
2. Click on the License Tab and then click on the License Update button.
3. This will open the CmFAS Assistant. This allows you to generate a license upgrade request file to sent to Nucleics or your local supplier. Press Next.
4. Select Create license request and press Next.
5. Select Extend existing license and press Next.
6. Make sure that Nucleics is selected as the producer and press Next.
6. Choose the file name and location to save the request file. The default values should normally be fine. Just make sure to note where you have saved the request file before pressing Commit.
7. Press Finish.
8. Open the folder where you saved the PeakTrace request file. You now need to email this file (circled) to Nucleics or your local supplier. Note that the file you need to send has a green up arrow.
9. Nucleics will generate an update file and email it to you or your local supplier. Save the update file in a suitable location. Note that the update file will have a green down arrow (see circled file above) and the name will end in a U.
Please see how to update your PeakTrace license to add the new license to your USB Key.