We have released Auto PeakTrace 6.90 and PeakTrace 6.90 for both Linux and Windows. This release contains a major overhaul of all the algorithms used in PeakTrace with the aim to improve low quality reads. This has not been a small or easy project, but we hope the improvements make the effort worthwhile as PeakTrace can now rescue many more marginal traces.
The full list of change include
- New Feature. Support for ThermoFisher SeqStudio™ Sequencer.
- New Feature. Fuse trace at base default is now 0.
- Improved basecalling especially of low quality traces.
- Improved trace processing.
- Improved peak normalization.
- Improved clean baseline.
- Improved detection of PCR products.
- Improved PeakTrace processing and basecalling through “dye blobs” peaks.
- The signal start peak auto setting now sets the start peak to the value closest to the model expected value.
- The automatic fuse trace at base or fuse basecalling at base on traces with large dye blobs peaks can be turned off by setting fuse basecall to -1.
- Unit data and build date can be written to a text file with the -rf options.
- Support temporary removed for the following machines and run types. These run conditions are rarely used, but support will be returned in the next major update.
- ABI3700 runs
- MegaBACE 1000 & 4000 runs
- ABI 3130 80cm array runs
- ABI 3730 runs below 6kV
- The following ABI 310 runs
- 36cm array runs
- 50cm array runs
- 30cm array runs with a voltage below 12 kV
- All ET terminator runs
- MJ Research Biostation runs
- Update of the CodeMeter runtime to 6.60a. Due to limitations of the CodeMeter runtime support on Linux this update is only compatible with REHL7/CentOS7.
- Many other bug fixes and internal improvements.
Auto PeakTrace 6.90 can be downloaded from the PeakTrace:Box Downloads page. If you do not know the password to access the PeakTrace:Box Downloads page please contact us @email@example.com or contact your local supplier for the update. The command line PeakTrace 6.90 version for Windows and Linux is also available on the PeakTrace:Box Downloads page.
This update is highly recommended for all users of the Auto PeakTrace or PeakTrace 6.82 and earlier.