We have released Auto PeakTrace RP 6.90. This is a very large upgrade and a significantly improved version of the PeakTrace Basecaller. We have spent the last 6 months optimising all the algorithms and code focused on improving the read length and appearance of poor quality traces. We will be writing about the many improved features over the coming weeks.
The full list of changes includes.
- New Feature. Support for the ThermoFisher SeqStudio™ Sequencer.
- New Feature. Fuse trace at base default now 0.
- Improved basecalling especially of low quality traces.
- Improved trace processing.
- Improved peak normalization.
- Improved clean baseline.
- Improved detection and basecalling of PCR product traces.
- Improved PeakTrace processing and basecalling through “dye blobs” peaks.
- The signal start peak auto now sets the start peak to the value closest to the model expected value.
- The automatic fuse trace at base or fuse basecalling at base on traces with large dye blobs peaks can be turned off by setting fuse basecall to -1.
- An additional secondary PeakTrace RP server established in China.
- Unit data and build date can be written to a text file with the -rf options.
- Support temporary removed for the following machines and run types. These run conditions are rarely used, but support will be returned in the next major update.
- ABI 3700 runs
- MegaBACE 1000 & 4000 runs
- ABI 3130 80cm array runs
- ABI 3730 runs below 6kV
- ABI 310 36cm & 50cm array runs
- ABI 310 30cm array runs with a voltage below 12 kV
- All ET terminator runs
- MJ Research Biostation runs
- Bug fix that prevented clear range trim from being applied to the front of the trace.
- Many other bug fixes and internal improvements.
Auto PeakTrace RP 6.90 can be downloaded from the PeakTrace RP Downloads page. If you do not know the password to access the PeakTrace RP Downloads page please contact us or your local supplier for the update. User of older versions should be notified by the automatic update feature.
This update is highly recommended for all users of the Auto PeakTrace RP or earlier.
An update for the standalone box versions of PeakTrace will be released in the next few days.