If you want to upgrade to the PeakTrace 5.90 series (the most recent release in this series is 5.92) there are a few steps that you need to do first.
- Check if you are running a version of PeakTrace prior to 5.70. The version number is shown at the top of the options window of Auto PeakTrace or use peaktrace -v if you are using the PeakTrace command line version. If your version is after 5.70 (or you are using Auto PeakTrace RP) then you can skip straight to Step 7.
- If you are running a version of PeakTrace before 5.70 then you will need to obtain a free update for your license. You will need to generate a license request file and email it to Nucleics (or your local supplier). Nucleics will update the license and send it back to you. If you have received an license update in since April 2015 then you can also skip this step.
- Update your CodeMeter Runtime to the latest version (6.30 as of July 2016).
- Update the PeakTrace USB Key Firmware to the latest version (2.04 as of July 2016).
- Update the PeakTrace USB Key Time.
- Install the updated license file you have received from Nucleics (or your local supplier).
- Download the latest version of Auto PeakTrace (or peaktrace for linux) from the Nucleics Downloads page. You will need a password to access the downloads page which will be supplied to you with the updated license file.
- Install Auto PeakTrace by double clicking on the installer and following the prompts.
- Once installed check the Auto PeakTrace Option settings. It is a good idea to also read through the supplied help manual as there are new features and changes that will likely be of interest to you. If you are unsure of what settings to use then just use the defaults and/or get in contact with Nucleics (or your local supplier) for advice on what is best for your needs.